Monday, February 12, 2007

Is There Anything Worse Than the Grammys?

Am I just getting old or do the Grammy awards suck? I mean Justin Timberlake was even on it, and I couldn't bring myself to watch. Last night, I looked at the choices--Grammy Awards or CSI: Miami (rerun)--and there wasn't even a question which one I was going to watch.

There are lots of meaningless award shows this time of year, but nothing seems more meaningless to me than the Grammys. Maybe it's because winning this award is totally irrelevant, or maybe it's because ten percent of all recipients are former American Idol contestants. I don't know. All I'm saying is that the Grammy's are stupid. And so is Hilary Duff's outfit.

My prediction: Next year, Taylor Hicks's debut will edge out "Rod Stewart Sings the Classics, Vol. 8" for Album of the Year.

No comments: