Tuesday, April 18, 2006

booklisted

Okay, so here's the deal. We started a new book club. Here are the rules. We are going to read one book from every section in Barnes & Noble. One by one. And not only that, but we are going to choose COMPLETELY RANDOM books each month. Here's how: We go up to a Barnes & Noble employee and say, "Can you pick a book for us? Any book." Our first book was chosen for us by Janice at the Bethesda Barnes & Noble. She was like, "I don't know if it's good or not--I just started reading it." And we were like, "SOLD!" We had actually been hoping for something a little more random, but there's no going back.

Does anybody want to join us?

TITLE: Never Let Me Go
SECTION: New in Paperback

6 comments:

smk said...

I'm in! When do they have to be read by?

Emily said...

Jenny, is that you on the cover of the book? I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up, I'll wait to read reports on how it goes.

Nicole said...

not to ruin the fun, but i've heard it's really good. i can't join in now as the bar exam looms (and i'm theoretically in another book club, for which i rarely finish the book), but i can't wait to hear about it. also, i just have to say again, Jenny - you are f-ing hilarious and i love you (from afar since we've never actually met).

Jenny said...

thanks nicole---i f-ing love you, too. your blog wakes me up in the morning.

Dubette said...

I bought that book a couple weeks ago because it received really good reviews. I haven't started it yet. I'm excited that I can blame it on you guys if it sucks..

Jenny said...

Great! We're so happy you're in!