Sunday, March 19, 2006

"Everyone has been burned before..."

And I am no exception. I got DENIED at the door of the Charlatans concert last night. Well, first I got denied and then I got my ass PUT OUT when I tried to sneak in. PUT OUT. Onto frat-infested sixth street. But that's okay because I was just drunk enough to climb up onto a window ledge and watch the show through the window. It was totally better! I was standing right behind the drummer. And the people on the street really appreciated me singing the lyrics to "The Only One I Know" loudly enough enough to drown out the sound of the cover band next door who were doing a reggae-inspired cover of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer."
And I had a really good reason for being late to the show. I was coming from seeing Superchunk with Fluffy Dollars. Michelle and I realized that it had been TEN ...that's right TEN!....ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE TEN YEARS since we saw them in London. (How does time go by so fast? The last time I saw the Charlatans was 14 years ago!) Anyway, as you can see from the photo we scored some free party swag at Antone's. Official Louis Vuitton, I mean Miller Lite, beer holders. Check out my video from the show here. It's interesting not so much for the music, but because you'll get to see Superchunk's BIGGEST FAN EVER just in front of my camera.

2 comments:

femme feral said...

you are hilarious!!! And I think the video turned out well. I just posted it over at FD. You rock, sister!

Emily said...

This story vaguely reminds me of that time in Baltimore when we got drunk and missed the Elvis Costello concert and ended up at some bar where we climbed out the back window into that roach-infested yard area and you said:
This is just like when I sneaked out of my room to go see The Cure in 7th grade!

And I knew you were the coolest person I'd ever met.