Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I LOVE REALITY TV!

This is my confession, and I didn't realize why I love reality TV so much until last night, when I was watching my two favorite shows back-to-back: LOST and Project Runway.


When I watch LOST, I feel anxiety, I feel confused, I feel angry that there are more questions now then an hour ago. I feel upset that I don't know what is going to happen next week until next week, and on a grander scale, next season. Are they going to leave me with a cliff-hanger that’s going to just eat away at me all summer long? Of course they are! Why is ABC doing this to me! It’s like being with that horrible boyfriend that you just couldn't break up with, you know who I’m talkin about, the one that sent you to the shrink.

On the other hand, after watching Project Runway, I feel complete and happy inside because I KNOW that in one hour, someone will be kicked off the show, and at the end of the season, someone WILL win. It doesn’t matter if that one person isn't the one I was hoping would win, it just matters that at the end of the season, I will have closure. AND, on top of this, I love watching people get voted off, I love the anxiety they (not me) feel when they think they’re getting booted off, I love that sometimes someone unexpected gets booted off, and that's OKAY, because I KNOW that at the end of the day, someone’s going home before I go to bed. And in some sick way, this makes me sleep well at night. No loose ends to ponder and keep you up, just peaceful thoughts about who will go next week.

6 comments:

SMK said...

I am addicted Lost and also get that icky feeling when it's over. My solution is to TiVo a few episodes and binge on them all at once. I love TiVo.

jean said...

I'm about to take it one step farther; i'm gonna wait til the end of the season and watch all of the episodes in one weekend!

Donny B said...

Project Runway...best reality show ever.

Oooh, someone's got a fancy new layout! Very nice.

jean said...

I'm so glad that Santino got a reality check!

Donny B said...

Me, too! Although poor Nick. He's my favorite, he's so talented, and then he gets stuck being Santino's bitch. I would have loved to see what he could come up with with Chloe.

And I loved how Santino was confused as to how his awful window display didn't get any votes. Maybe because it was crap, Santino?

Dubette said...

Another bonus of reality TV over Lost: no nightmares about the Others or the monster.